Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Serious Post from Veggie Soup

Most of my posts do revolve around food or baking or silly things that occur in my life, but today as I was making up veggie soup out of all the leftover vegetables in my refridgerator and freezer I was thinking about the craziness of the year that has just past...2011.  I would have to catergorize this year as ONE I AM GLAD I WILL NEVER HAVE TO REPEAT!  How is the year like veggie soup??? Well its like this,  every pot of veggie soup I make is different, sure it has basically it has the same ingredients, but each batch has more of this, less of that ...more spice, Less carrots... The taste comes out slightly different each time.  Each year is basically the same as well...You have the same basics like Birthdays, holidays, school, summer time etc.... However it is the "other " things added to it that make it taste different, Things like deaths (2 this year in my family), births, spontaneous events, outside activites (lots of those), and choices that people make....OH yes CHOICES!!!  Sigh.  Yup that was what I saw so much of this year..Choices that people made that affected the lives of other people.. LOTS of them.  Did you know despite what I have heard "proclaimed from certain high places" your choices DO make an impact on those around you and on your life as well. Just because something isn't occurring anymore or changes have been made, doesn't mean the effect of those choices you made is OVER or all done....What EmBee??? What are you saying??? What about mercy?? What about grace???  What about forgiveness??? What about covering of sin??? Are you judging????  ...Yes I can hear the questions. I have questioned the balance of alot of things myself so much in the last few weeks....  I have seen the lives of some beautiful young ladies  take a horrible turn because of events (more than one)  that have occurred in a supposedly "safe place" by people that they should be able to trust, I have seen friendships dissolved, relationships destroyed,  health take a turn for the worst all because of choices THIS YEAR!!! and yes I have wanted to operate in judgement really bad.  In my own life as well I have seen the impact of negative choices and the impact on my life....why not stuff in another doughnut to make myself feel better, sure why not use the credit card.  We all make them. My responses and choices weren't ideal ...Yes this is why I have to start all over in the weight loss dept..(that is another post) and get my BP back to a normal state.  Well anyway to answer your questions...YES I believe in grace! I believe in mercy! I believe that God take any negative circumstance and work it to his good...I believe in forgiveness, that Jesus took the penalty to our sin. What I don't believe in is manipulation, Cover up, control, or deception.I don't think Love covers a multitude of sins means to try and manipulate situations so "you" look okay.  I don't believe in trampling on the grace or mercy that has been granted.  Grace without identity is just lawlessness. I will say despite alot of negative I did see God's grace did sustain me though the tough moments, and loving encouragement of friends and family meant a whole lot!!

Do I still have alot of questions? Areas of anger to deal with ? Areas to allow healing and forgiveness? Absolutely!!! (Seriously its alot to handle when you are reprimanded for reaching out to families, who when they asked the very people reprimanding me, for help, were never given the time of day)  I choose to see people as God sees them.  Easy??? Hahahaha ...Are you serious, definitely not always easy!  I will see the beauty of circumstances ..And will always continue to pour out my life to help and be there for others, its just who I am  ( no matter who doesn't appreciate it) ..... I am choosing to allow 2012 to be allowing of restoring, healing, getting back on track and making good choices.  Never give up!.....And put the doughnuts back on the shelf and get an apple instead :)

Well anyway if anything, its an honest post ..I promise to return with the lightheartedness very soon. I just had to get that off my chest. I will admit I am thankful for the opportunity to run away a couple times and retreat :)... Here is a a photo of the latest place, My view at breakfast!


2 comments: