Monday, January 23, 2012

Epic Fail to Yummy Success

Yes yes I know, its hard to believe that I could have an Epic fail in the kitchen! If you take a look at the picture on the left you see that yes sometimes I do.  The crumbling lump of dryness is my attempt at reconstructing a childhood memory...Something I smell every time I am pregnant...Weird I know and NO  I'm not.  Peanut Butter Cake. This is another failed attempt and something I remember at being moist and yummy, not coarse and crumbly. Oh well back to the drawing board I suppose.  I will prevail, but not today (or tomorrow) for that matter. My pursuits were in another sugar ladened direction!


Today I pulled out my Woman's Home Companion Cookbook!.. You know the one I found browsing in the incredible Antiques shop of discovery ...hahahahaha.  It has given me a few successes so hey why not give it another go. My ego needed a success after the epic fail above.  See it was a necessity that I make this dessert and some homemade applesauce. Really EmBee a necessity to make a dessert laden with sugary goodness??? Oh yes, you see thanks to the crazy fluctuating weather my apples that usually last a long time were starting to show signs of distress due to the warmth in their normally cool storage place. So out I pull out this recipe... I put a copy here, in case you want to give it a try as well.  ....CRISP APPLE SCALLOP!  My youngest was inquiring whether there was fish in the recipe (scallops...get it)  The only change I made in the dessert was I didn't have Corn Flakes, but I did have FROSTED FLAKES... A little more sugar cant hurt..right? hahaha. Doesn't it look delicious?  Now I didn't have the whipped cream as suggested in the recipe, but look there is another suggestion..Hard Sauce! Yes!...huh??? Hard Sauce on pg *** Well hey why not.  My thoughts immediately went to my favorite move, Anne of Green Gables, where Anne is serving the plum pudding "without the sauce" because a mouse drowned in it....could this be the same kind of thing???? 

Fluffy Hard Sauce, involves butter, sugar, flavoring...Egg whites. (ohhhh booo) . These days raw egg whites are frowned upon in this establishment  ..hahaha.  What could I add, What could I add...thinking, thinking ...OHHHH I know!!! I have two jars of marshmallow fluff!  (I only used one) That isn't the same, but its similar. Hey why not what is more sugar among sugar.  I mixed the recipe for Fluffy hard sauce and Brown sugar hard sauce and added the marshmallow fluff...OH WOW. Sugar HEAVEN!!!!!  Its a good thing I have multiple spatulas, because every one wanted a spatula to lick.  All the ingedients in my trusty kitchen aid, whipped and whipped and....drooooool.  The slight gainyness comes from the brown sugar recipe.

This was a hit! A yummy success!!!  Everyone requested I save this one and make it again! Look below and see for yourself! It is a good thing that only one panful was made and I had so many people to eat it or I would have to start waaaaay over on the fitness plan. As it was I had to do an hour of Just Dance 2 for Wii with the kids...(yup their idea of how to help mom get fit..and shhh don't tell them I said so, but its FUN)  ...Scroll down to the bottom for the recipes and give it a try you won't be disappointed!

EmBee

 



 You may have to zoom in to see the ingredients!


No comments:

Post a Comment