Monday, March 19, 2012

Genetic tests and Aqua Zumba!

I do not have photos for this post....but be glad, I can tell you they wouldn't have been pretty!   Splashing and moving in ways that would be illegal if they weren't being done underwater, but it was soooooooooooooooo much FUN! I am referring to the cardio class at the Y called Aqua Zumba.  It has now reached the top ranking in my book..my favorite class.  I really like regular Zumba, but with Aqua Zumba there is not any room for embarrassment because no one can see what you are doing since its under water (and believe me you would have be appalled...eeek) It was a GREAT workout too, but since it was in the water it didn't feel like one.  High Tempo music, big moves, swiveling hips, yep you get the picture.

Anyway let me back up a little bit to why I was at the Y.  I have always been challenged with my "weight issues" so I decided to take matters into my own hands...agressively...AGAIN! (hahahaha) .  My track record with weight loss has been interesting to say the least. If you have heard about it, I probably have tried it...let see : Carbo addicts diet, Atkins, Thermogenics, motionless exercise (it does work), fat free, vegetarian (oh that one didn't last long...tee hee)  Herbal caps, nautilus, walking, all of the above, none of the above haha  They all provided some measure of success but not long term (usually the 20-30 pounds I lose all the time).  See what I mean...GUESS WORK!  I found out that I didn't have to guess anymore...I could know how my body loses weight. For me that is EXCITING!!!  There  is a genetic test that looks at your genetic make up and tells you what plan will work for you, how YOUR body loses weight! Incredible right? I know I thought so.   It is through Inherent Health Genetic Tests. Simple to do...swab the inside of your mouth, let the sample dry..mail it back, WAIT and VOILA...customized to YOU, workout and food recommendations.  What ? The Results of my test?   My makeup / generic pattern is responsive to Carbohydrate restriction and High Intensity Workouts! (Which is why one of the reasons I was a  Aqua Zumba)  It makes sense, some of the plans that I had success with did reduce carbs.   Anyway I am once again starting this Journey, but this time equipped with a few necessary tools!  You may be wondering but EmBee...doesn't it tell everyone the SAME thing...guess what NOPE! One of the NC news Channels did a report on it and different people received different results!

So I have found a plan, adopted a workout plan that is High intensity, but low impact (I will obey the instructions of my chiropractor...start slow,  In fact when I mentioned Aqua Zumba he emphatically yelled ...DO THAT!)  I have had a bad track record in my workout history...but no more, I think I might be smarter now...LOL. I am going to do the Nutrilite Carb Reducer Plan.  So yes of course I will be blogging my progress, even a pic or two (Maybe!)  So here I go again starting at  (mumbles something)..okay 262 (cough).   I CAN SUCCEED!  I WILL SUCCEED and SO CAN YOU!

EmBee

If you are interested in doing the Genetic Test yourself...go to Order tab at my Website.  Create an account, then click on Partner stores...Inherent Health Genetic Tests is there.   You can do  several different kinds of tests...weight, heart, bone and nutrition to name a few.  (I did the heart one as well,  but I will blog that another time)

Click the link below to watch the newscast (I found it to be fairly positive for what the media can do )

 http://www.wbtv.com/category/195957/video-landing-page?clipId=6763947&autostart=true 

No comments:

Post a Comment