Thursday, September 29, 2011

Construction of a Cake City!

Tis the season! Its time for our local fair! A homeschool family's greatest project event of the year. Every year we make a point of sharing our " talent" with the community, in anticipation of ribbons. This year once again, the fair is graced with several items, but the biggest project this year is the Cityscape made out of cake!
My oldest son enjoys creating decorated cake specatulars as much as I do. This creation was the most detailed one yet... We even had Blueprints! YES Blueprints!! Made literally out of 9 separate cakes cut to different heights. Pictured at left is the "raw" project. The assembling of the buildings each sculpted differently. I was so proud and behaved like a good mother should. I resisted the urge to help!!! Yes we all know that would be a challenge for me. I offered advise of course...hahahaha.
After many hours, (many many many hours) frosting colors and detailed piping ..we were finished! I must say I was impressed! Delivery to the fair was a bit "nerving" but the cake was safely delivered, registered and secured in the display case. Now to wait till tomorrow to see if there are any ribbons!!!
See this ....this is a cake scraping! Leftover pieces of moist cake pieces that filled up tupperware container!! This is a perk of cake making....or is it??? The kids in the house think so! For me it is a huge temptation that beckons cruelly.

Pictured below we have "Captain America" and "Wonder Woman". Both gracing the decorated pumpkin contest. Will they have ribbons??? We shall see...Great Job kids!
(Not pictured ...a pencil drawing of my oldest daughter's was also entered)


No comments:

Post a Comment