Monday, August 15, 2011

Off with their Heads!


See it! Isn't it beautiful? It is my basket full of assorted Sunflower heads. Why sunflowers you ask? I know! Well dear sweet "Ellie " our Yellow Crested Cockatu loves to eat sunflower seeds, so in an attempt to grow our noisy girl some treats I planted them (Well actually my daughter and her friend did ). I have to admit that normally I wouldn't plant such a tall flower, but these came in assorted sizes and colors, so I thought "why not?" I was rewarded with an abudant supply of sunflowers. All bright and yellow with their heads shining in the sun intermingled with some bunches of burgundy mini sunflowers. The effect was quite pretty.
Well last Wednesday I decided it was "time" ...So early in the morning, I hiked on out to the garden to tear our old rebellious tomato plants AND to decapitate the flowers so I could figure out the drying process... After a quite stressful week before I found myself enjoying the process, Wacking off each of the sunflower heads and pulling up the drying plants. I will let you know if it works, but for now I leave you saying....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

No comments:

Post a Comment