Monday, August 1, 2011

>Crispy Cookie Heaven or Not??

>

There are days you just HAVE to have something sweet. Well really that is everyday isn't it?? The day I made these beautiful looking cookies there were absolutely no (okay very few ) groceries in my house. Open cupboard...Look...Oatmeal, hmmmm. Butter?? yes I have a little of that...sugar, eggs and no flour. What can I make??? OOOOH I know, lets look in our handy dandy, OLD cookbook from the 50's . The one that gave us the awesome Rhubarb pie recipe a few weeks ago. They knew how to cook with very little back then, stretch the budget! Lifts the heavy textbook of cookbook off the shelf. Flips to the "dessert" section. Oatmeal Crisp cookies!!! Awesome and no flour necessary! Its a very simple recipe actually and so crispy and delicious!!! It all went so smoothly ... preheat oven, mix up ingredients in the trusty Kitchen aid, Grease the cookie sheets...Whaa??? Grease the cookie sheet should have been my first clue, hahahahaha. Well the first batch came out and half of them stuck to the pan despite my efforts to keep them intact. While these cookies are quite scrumtious they are very tricky ! It took me until halfway through before I remember that I was the proud owner of something called wax / parchment paper. From that point on everything went..OK? hahahahaha. Even with the parchment half the cookies still stuck...Well I ended up with a good tray full of cookies and a BIG dish of Ice cream topping !! Epic Fail? ...not really, but I will not tackle this one again unprepared....I will use the forbidden item....parchment paper and PAM!

Yes see....Several trays of this !! Needless to say, it all did disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment