Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Home Companion Cookbook


Well I am back home from a super fast trip to Ohio again. My hometown brings back so many memories everytime I visit. I just hate visiting for sad occasions. I had just a teeny bit of time to call my own on this trip, so I spent it in one of my favorite little (BIG) Antique Collectible shops "Milan Inn-tiques". This shop is full of so many goodies it takes HOURS to see everything. The photo I posted is one of the displays of pure kitchen genius, the STAND MIXER. While browsing in this super full but fun place, I also came across a gem of a cookbook. If you don't know this about me, you are about to become very aware of the fact that I LOVE to play in the kitchen, creating all sorts of masterpieces (or not...lol). The cookbook caught my eye..."The Woman's Home Companion Cookbook". The book looks nothing like you would expect a cookbook now a days to look. It is a hardcover super thick textbook FULL of a plethora of information all relevant to the 1950's. From table settings to cake cutting, old fashioned recipes and instructions for cooking chicken that read something like this...Cut off the head and feet of the chicken..hahahahaha. I can see many hours of distraction and experimentation ahead and I step back into the 50's era. Like I need any of those . Now what should my first test recipe be...squash pudding, Baked applesauce, Mush or Cinnamon Streusal coffee cake??? I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment